Cold rolled steel is currently very popular for making laboratory furniture, so what's the difference between it and stainless steel? The Galvanized Steel Sheet Manufacturer will briefly introduce to you first.
Cold rolled steel is steel produced by cold rolling. Cold rolling is a method in which a steel sheet is further thinned to a target thickness at room temperature. The thickness is more precise, and the surface is smooth and beautiful. At the same time, it has various superior mechanical properties, especially in terms of processability. Because cold-rolled raw coil is relatively brittle and hard, it is not suitable for processing. Generally, Cold Rolled Steel Sheet requires annealing, pickling and surface smoothing before being delivered to customers. The maximum thickness of cold-rolled steel is below 0.1-8.0MM. For example, the thickness of cold-rolled steel plates in most factories is below 4.5MM. At present, all-steel laboratory side tables, all-steel laboratory central tables and all-steel fume hoods are popular on the market Basically all are 1.0mm-2.0mm cold rolled steel sheet. The minimum thickness and width are determined according to the equipment capacity and market demand of each factory.
Stainless steel is a common stainless steel. It is a universal stainless steel material. Its rust resistance is stronger than that of 200 series stainless steel materials. High temperature resistance is also good, and the general temperature limit is less than 650°C. Stainless steel has excellent stainless corrosion resistance and good resistance to intergranular corrosion. To oxidizing acids, stainless steel has strong corrosion resistance. It also has good corrosion resistance to alkaline solutions and most organic and inorganic acids.
Cold Rolled Steel Sheet
Due to the characteristics of cold rolled steel, cold rolled steel is generally used in construction, and stainless steel is suitable for food processing, storage and transportation. At the same time, the price of cold rolled steel is much cheaper than stainless steel. Therefore, in the production of laboratory furniture, cold rolled steel is mainly used as the material.
1. The general definition is that the rolling process of the material directly at room temperature without heating is called cold rolling, and the rolling of raw materials after heating is called hot rolling.
2. Hot rolling is usually the production of various profiles, wires, seamless steel tubes, as well as blooming, plate and Hot Rolled Steel Sheet; cold rolling is generally rolled on strip, of course, there are steel Cold-rolled, cold-rolled ribbed rebar, etc.
3. Hot rolling usually occurs when the billet is very thick (bill that has been continuously cast or die-cast). At this time, the purpose of heating the billet is:
(1) Improve the plasticity of steel and reduce deformation resistance.
(2) Improve the internal organization and performance of metals. The heterogeneous structure in the billet has a diffusion effect by heating at high temperature to homogenize the structure and eliminate segregation.
4. Cold-rolled strip is usually carried out when the width to thickness ratio of the billet is very large, and it is relatively thin. Generally, hot-rolled strip below 4 mm is used as the raw material.
In contrast, the advantages of cold rolled strip over hot rolled strip are:
(1) Thinner strips can be rolled. At present, the thinnest hot-rolled strip can be rolled out with a steel strip of about 0.78mm, and cold rolling can be rolled with 0.007mm metal aluminum foil;
(2) The dimensional accuracy of cold rolling is higher. The thickness accuracy of hot rolling can generally reach 5%, while the highest accuracy of cold rolling can reach 0.6%.
(3) Cold rolling is rolled after the hot-rolled strip is pickled, the surface is smooth and free of scale, and by controlling the surface of the roll, steel plates of various surface states can be produced;
(4) Cold rolling can obtain the properties of steel plates with various performance requirements through the control of reduction rate or flat elongation.
The above is the difference between cold rolled steel and stainless steel, I hope to help everyone.